Trysil Bed Frame Review of 2018
If you are looking to pick up a new bed frame, you may be interested in picking up a Trysil bed frame. Trysil is a branch of Ikea famous bed frame. These are some pretty high-quality frames that have a modern look to them.
These bed frames come in a variety of different size options and have a variety of different features in their designs that make these frames stand out from the competition.
The units are a little on the pricier side of things, but if you want something that is quality, you won’t go wrong picking up one of these designs.
To help you be able to decide if you want to pick up a Trysil bed frame, we have rounded up our picks and analyzed them for you so that you can see what they are all about.
In addition, we have also created a buyer’s guide that you can take a look at to learn about these frames and help you narrow down your options.
What size of bed frame should I look for in a Trysil?
One thing that you should be aware of if you already weren’t is that you are going to have to pay a higher price for a bed frame the larger the bed frame is.
This is as a result of the manufacturer having to pay for more materials in order to build the bed frame. With that being said, you may have the need to pick up a larger bed depending on your situation.
The larger the bed is, the more room that you are going to have to sleep. If you get a really large bed, you will also gain enough room to be able to sleep two people on the bed at one time.
What kind of a price should I expect to pay for a Trysil bed frame?
One thing that you can expect from a Trysil frame if that you are going to have to pay a medium to high budget price for this frame.
There are some pretty good reasons for this higher price tag, however. A Trysil bed frame is always built using quality materials and features that allow the user to have as much convenience as possible.
These units are relatively easy to setup and they are a very nice modern design that is capable of fitting into most color schemes.
What thickness and size of mattress do I need to pick up for a Trysil bed frame?
One of the best things about a Trysil frame is that the bed is adjustable. The adjustability in a Trysil frame allows you to be able to use any mattress thickness that you please on top of the unit.
Although you won’t be able to change the actual size of the frame, you can use your mattress without the use of a box spring, which is a nice feature in these designs allowing you to save a bit of money on your bed.
Another great thing about these designs is that the manufacturer does state the size of all of the bed fragments in their product specifications so that you don’t run into any problems with installing the unit.
Are the Trysil bed frame’s product dimensions something I should pay attention to?
If you want to make sure that the unit can fit into the space that you have, you are certainly going to want to get out the measuring tape and have a look at the manufacturer’s specs.
For Trysil frames, the manufacturer includes the length and the width of the frame as well as the height of the footboard and headboard.
Especially if you have things hanging on the wall in your room and want to make sure that you don’t ruin them with your bed, you may want to consider taking a look at these measurements to see if you need to shift anything around.
In addition, it never hurts to have a quick glance at the mattress size that the unit is designed for so that you can be sure that you are picking up a mattress that is the appropriate size for your new bed frame.
What other products do I need to purchase for my Trysil bed frame?
Although Trysil bed frames do come with slats on them, which allow you to be able to place a mattress on the unit after install, you may also want to consider getting a supporting beam for the unit.
A supporting beam is a product that helps to be able to support the middle of the mattress where a lot of pressure ends up.
Although slats can support a unit for quite some time before starting to sag, you can completely avoid this problem altogether by picking up one of these supportive units.
Just to make things easier for you, we have included a link to one in our product reviews as well as an explanation of what these products are all about.
1. Ikea Full Size Trysil Bed frame
The unit is packed with cool features that help this bed frame to stand out amongst its competition. This is a unit that is more than capable of fitting into almost any household and is almost surely a bed that you are going to love the looks of.
- The unit is designed to have an angled headboard, which is great if you like to play games on your phone or read in bed
- The design allows you to be able to adjust the side of the frame so that you can use whatever thickness of mattress you please
- The bed has 17 slats of birch as the base on the unit so that your mattress is properly supported regardless of its thickness
- The unit has a brown design, which looks good in almost any environment
- Dimensions are given for this full-size bed with the length of the bed being 81.5 inches and the width of the bed being 51 and 1/8 inches
- The footboard height of this bed sits at 15 and ¾ inches while the headboard height for the bed sits at 38 and 5/8 inches
- The unit does not come with a mattress or cover for the bed
- You may want to pick up a middle support for the unit
So long as you are fine with picking up a new bed cover and a middle support beam for this bed, you are going to love this bed frame. This full-size bed is available for a medium to high budget, but it is hard to beat the durability and design that this bed has to offer.
This bed allows the user to be able to put any thickness of mattress on the frame and not have to worry about the unit not being able to handle it. Definitely, a bed that you should consider picking up if you can afford the price tag that comes attached with this bed design.
2. Ikea Queen Size Trysil Bed Frame
This unit has a fairly high price tag, but it does pack in a lot of nice features to help make up for it. The bed is designed with a modern look to it, but it does not lack support and usefulness.
- The unit has an angled headboard in its design so that you can sit up in bed and be comfortable
- The bed allows you to be able to use any thickness of mattress that you please thanks to its ability to be able to adjust the sides of the bed to different heights
- The unit has a total of 17 birch slats, which help to support your mattress properly
- The bed frame has a length of 86 and 5/8 inches and a width of 61 and ¾ inches
- The unit has a footboard as well as a headboard that measure up at 15 and ¾ inches and 38 and 5.8 inches
- The bed can fit a mattress that has a length of 79 and a half inches and a width of 59 and 7/8 inches
- No bed linen comes with your purchase and mattresses are also sold separately
- The unit does not come with a middle supporting mechanism, which may be something that you might want to pick up
If you are fine with grabbing a bed linen and a mattress as well as a supportive beam for your new frame, you are going to be a big fan of this queen design. This is a bed that has a very eye appealing modern design and that has the features of a high-end luxury bed.
You can fit any thickness of mattress that you please on top of this unit and sleep comfortably knowing that you are supported by 17 different birch slats.
This is a unit that is easy to assemble, which is awesome for a queen bed design and you will definitely want to make sure that you at least consider picking up one of these bed frames if you can afford to.
3. SKORVA Steel Midbeam
Rather than have your mattress sag on you over time, you may want to pick up one of these support beams. These units are specifically designed to be used with Ikea beds and will help give you some peace of mind when you are sleeping.
When one of these support beams are used on a new bed frame, you will never have to worry about sagging or the bed collapsing underneath you. These are solid pieces of material and you will definitely want to make sure you pick up one of these if you get a new Ikea bed frame.
- The unit is designed to fit full size, queen size as well as king size bed frames
- The design allows for the support of all mattresses regardless of the thickness and heaviness of the unit
- There are metal notches on Ikea headboards and footboards designed to support this product
- The unit is easy to clean and can be cleaned with a damp cloth without running into problems with the unit
- This is a set it and forget it support mechanism that can help you to be worry free when sleeping on your new Ikea Trysil bed
- The unit is something that you are going to have to install on your own
If you are picking up a Trysil bed and want to make sure that you don’t run into issues down the road, you should definitely make sure you grab one of these at the checkout.
The unit isn’t all that expensive, but it will do wonders in making sure that your mattress is properly supported. Since you don’t have to use a box spring on an Ikea Trysil bed, you are going to want to make sure that you take proper precautions so that you don’t end up breaking a board and falling through the bed to the floor.
This unit will prevent this from occurring and is definitely something that you should grab.
We hope that this has been an informative article for you and that you now feel as though you will be able to pick out your own Trysil bed frame.
It is never a bad idea to set a budget for yourself when picking out one of these units as you have to remember that you are going to need to pick out a mattress afterward to sit on top of the bed frame.
Good luck in your search and hope that you end up picking out a bed frame that looks great in your living space.