Hemnes Bed Frame Review of 2018
In order to be able to choose the size of the frame that you want to purchase, the first thing that you should do is take a look at the room you are going to be putting the unit in and make sure that you measure it.
You would not want to buy a unit only to find out that the frame is too large for the room and therefore all of your setup of the frame was pointless.
To avoid this, make sure you measure beforehand. It is always important to keep in mind the height of the headboard on the unit as well as the height of the footboard as certain frames will only be able to hold certain mattress sizes.
In addition, you would not want to buy a frame with a headboard that covers up the light switch on your wall for example so there are definitely some things to think about before taking a plunge.
To help make the task of finding a frame easier we have created a buyer’s guide as well as a list of products that are our picks for the top Hemnes bed frames on the market.
Ikea Hemnes Queen Bed Frame Brown Wood
Ikea Hemnes Full Bed Frame White Wood
Ikea Hemnes Full Bed Frame Black-brown Wood
What should I look for in terms of shipping a Hemnes bed frame?
Unfortunately, you are almost always going to find that these units actually ship out as two different shipments at the checkout.
This may mean that you get one-half of your frame, while the other half is still out in transit somewhere. However, the good thing about this is that the unit is much less likely to get banged around and scratched and damaged while it is being shipped to your house.
Always remember that you can track your shipments if you like so that you can have some peace of mind with your purchase and with the shipping company that you are dealing with.
What kind of material is the best kind of material in a Hemnes bed frame?
If you want to get the best of the best on the market, you should definitely see if you can find something that is made out of a hardwood design.
This type of wood is much more durable than that of softwood and it is much less likely to scratch and be damaged over time.
Hardwood is the best type of wood to look for if you want your frame to last you a long time.
In addition, you will also probably want to look for a design that has some kind of a stain or a paint on top of the hardwood as this just increases the longevity of the hardwood and adds a layer of protective coating on top of it as well.
How do I know what style of Hemnes bed frame I should buy?
If you want to get a Hemnes bed frame that works for your room and personal tastes, you are going to have some decisions to make.
The one part of the frame that is going to be the most visible at any given time is the headboard as well as the footboard on the unit that you are purchasing.
The focal point of a bed is usually the headboard so this is where you will have to decide just how fancy of a design you want to get.
There are all sorts of different headboards ranging from one thick slab of wood on the back to something like a slatted and spaced out wood design. It is a good idea to take a look at what is on the wall of your room as well as what colors and other pieces of furniture are in your room before making a decision.
If you have other furniture that uses a slatted board design then maybe you want to stick with that for example.
It is your bed and you will have to make the final decision, just make sure to take the rest of the room into account and you should be able to make the right one.
How much support do I need in a Hemnes bed frame?
During your search, you are always going to find that you will need to buy the baseboards for the Hemnes bed frame separately from the unit.
This will allow you to be able to space out the boards on your frame in order to make sure that your bed is properly supported so the company can’t be blamed for it.
Generally, the only thing you can do to judge the level of support for the frame is to look to see how thick the legs on the unit are as well as where they are located and how many there are.
The unit should have a leg near all four corners and often times will also have support near the middle of the unit to help stop mattresses from sagging.
It is always important to consider the amount of weight that you are going to be putting on top of the frame when you are thinking about how many boards you need on the unit as well as how supportive of a frame you need.
It is a good idea to take into account mattress and box spring weight as well as the weight of everyone who is going to use the mattress when you are making a purchasing decision.
What should I look for in terms of the legs on a Hemnes bed frame?
If you want to make sure that you don’t scratch up your floors, you are going to want to make sure that you take a look at what is on the bottom of your frame.
There are a variety of different kinds of feet that you will find on the bottom of Hemnes bed frames and the grip of the bed can range as a result.
The nice thing about having wooden legs on a unit is that you can always screw in something like rollers or a wider bottom piece to help strengthen the bottom portion of the leg and the unit itself.
1. Ikea Hemnes Queen Bed Frame Brown Wood
If you are looking for a classic bed, you may want to take a closer look at this queen bed frame. Although the size of the frame may not work for everyone the unit is definitely an eye appealing design thanks to its brown wood design and slatted headboard. If you want a bed frame that can fit in just about any room and not look out of place, this may just be the bed frame that you have been searching for.
- The unit is lightweight in design, which makes it a lot easier to move if you ever need to
- The unit has a slatted headboard, which adds to the lightweight design, but doesn’t decrease the eye appeal of the unit
- The product can be disassembled if needed so that you can easily take the frame from place to place and fit it through things like doorways
- The headboard height of the unit is 48 inches and the footboard height of this product sits at 26 and 3.4 inches
- The length of the frame is 83 and 7/8 inches and the width is 65 and ¾ inches
- A mid-beam is included with your purchase to help support the mattress
- This product ships in two separate shipments and you have to piece the unit together on your own
- If you don’t own a box spring, you will need to purchase a slatted base separately so that your mattress is supported
As long as you don’t mind doing some handyman work to get this bed frame up and running, you are going to like how this one looks. This is a great bed frame once it is properly supported and it comes in a color that works in almost any environment.
All the dimensions that you could possibly need are given so as long as you make sure everything fits, you shouldn’t run into any problems if you decide to go out and purchase this Queen frame.
2. Ikea Hemnes Full Bed Frame White Wood
If you have a white room or something that is a light colored design, you may be interested in getting something that is white in color. This white design is quite a nice one made by Ikea. The unit incorporates some of the aspects of a classic design but spruces it up by painting it a bright white color. If you want a bed frame that will stand out amongst others this may just be the one for you.
- The unit has a slatted headboard, which helps to make the unit lighter and easier to move around
- The dimensions of the product are given and the length of the unit sits at 79 and 1/8 inches and the width of the unit sits at 58 and 5/8 inches
- The headboard height of this unit is 48 inches and the footboard height is 26 and 3/4 inches
- Mid-beam is included with your purchase in order to better support the frame
- Lightweight design can be disassembled to allow you to be able to move the unit around if you desire
- The unit comes in two separate shipments
- The unit does not come assembled and you will have to install it yourself
- There is not a base for this unit and you will have to purchase a slatted base for mattress support if you choose to pick up this frame
If you are interested in getting a white design, you are likely not going to be disappointed if you choose to pick up this unit. This is a great design that allows you to be able to have some classic elements of design, but with a twist of bright color.
The unit works well with light colors of any sort and if you can afford the price tag of the frame along with the slatted supporting base, you should definitely consider it.
3. Ikea Hemnes Full Bed Frame Black-brown Wood
If you are looking for a modern design, you should make sure that you check out this really nice bed frame. The unit comes in a black-brown wood design, which allows the frame to be able to be placed in almost any environment without looking out of place. This is a very nice unit with a slatted headboard and one that you may want to consider if you want something that looks sleek and stylish.
- The dimensions of this unit are 79 and a 1/8 inch long and 58 and 5/8 inches wide
- The unit has a footboard height of 26 and ¾ inches and a headboard height of 48 inches
- The unit uses hardwood in its design, which is less likely to crack or wear down over time
- The unit can be disassembled in order to allow you to be able to fit the unit through things like doorways or other tight spaces
- Sleek design appeals to everyone regardless of age or gender
- The unit must be built by hand and can be difficult to put together
- The product does not come with slats for support and you will have to purchase them separately in order to make sure your mattress is properly supported
As long as you don’t mind purchasing slats for your bed and putting it together on your own, you are going to love the style of this unit and the quality design.
The unit may be a tad difficult to put together, but it looks wonderful once you get it all done. This is definitely a frame you should consider as long as the sizing and style work for you and your room.
This article has hopefully helped to better inform you about Ikea Hemnes Beds and the frames that you need for them. Ikea makes some really nice products, but it is extremely important to make sure that you know what frame to purchase so that you can get an Ikea Hemnes bed that will last. Always remember to double check your measurements and sizes before purchasing and best of luck with your new bed!