Best Memory Foam Bed of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you want to get a memory foam bed and want to see some reviews of some of the best ones available, you have come to the right place.
Memory foam is often seen as one of the most comfortable kinds of foam and is highly sought after in the bed/ mattress industry.
To help you be able to choose the best memory foam bed we have come up with a buyer’s guide as well as a list of our picks for the top memory foam beds on the market.
Zinus Memory Foam Tea Mattress
Signature Sleep Memoir
Classic Brands Cool Gel
Is the thickness of the memory foam important?
Generally, you are going to find that different mattresses are made in different thicknesses. On top of that, you will also find different amounts of memory foam in a design that is combined in with a regular foam or a gel design.
The thickness of this portion of the mattress is also something that often ranges from unit to unit and you may be wondering if this actually has an impact on the comfortability of the mattress.
The answer to this question is almost definitely a yes. You should always check to see what the ratio of memory foam to regular foam is like as this can have a big impact on the amount of support that the mattress offers.
Note: The heavier of your weight, the thinner the thickness should be. Because a thick foam will hurt your spine, causing Scoliosis.
There are many beds for Scoliosis, Click Here.
How important is the size of a memory foam bed?
Unless you have a massive house and budget, you are probably going to want to at least think about what size of mattress you want to purchase.
There are many standard sizes of beds available and it is extremely important to make sure that you also have the correct sheets and frame in order to be able to support and use the bed properly.
An improper frame or even improper sheets on a bed is going to make for an uncomfortable sleeping experience and is something that you may want to avoid.
In addition, you are also going to want to consider how the mattress is shipped to your house when you are making a decision as to which bed you want.
Make sure that the unit is compressed if you have narrow doorways or at least measure to make sure that you can get the unit into your house one way or another before you decide to purchase a product.
Is the actual bed thickness important?
Besides the thickness of memory foam in a design, you are also going to want to consider how thick the actual bed is all together. Certain frames for beds are only designed to be able to hold certain thicknesses of mattresses.
If you were to get a frame and a mattress that is too thick for the frame, you run the risk of damaging your frame and having your mattress potentially slide off the end of your bed.
Frames are designed to stop your bed from shifting around while you sleep on or use your bed and so you should definitely make sure you check the sizing before you purchase.
Is warranty something I can expect for a memory foam bed?
Occasionally, you will come across a long warranty on a memory foam bed, but you really shouldn’t let this have a huge impact on your decision making.
You will find a warranty on almost every mattress on the market, but some of them are for longer periods of time than others.
This is often the case when the manufacturer includes clauses in their warranty, which don’t cover long-term wear and tear on the unit.
If you truly want to make sure that you are getting a high-quality unit, rather than looking for a long warranty you should try and find a unit that is comfortable and that is made out of a large amount of memory foam and one of the best ways to do that is to see what is popular in the marketplace.
Can I find a memory foam mattress that is hypoallergenic?
If you have a lot of allergies and want to make sure that you buy a mattress that will help with your allergies rather than make them worse, you should look to see if you can find a hypoallergenic design.
These options do exist in the marketplace, but if you really want something that stops your allergies in their tracks you should look for a dust-mite free design.
Another thing that could potentially help out your allergies is looking for a design that is anti-moisture. A damp mattress is prone to growing mold and can be a real bacteria pit, which is why you may want to see if you can find a design that helps to avoid this as much as possible.
What is a gel memory foam design and should I get a gel memory foam bed?
A gel memory foam design is simply a memory foam design that is infused with gel. This gel material is designed to stay at a lower temperature than that of memory foam and therefore offers you a cooler sleep.
This design certainly isn’t for everyone, but a gel design does tend to keep you a few degrees cooler while you sleep.
If you sweat a lot at night or like to sleep with a whole bunch of blankets on, you may want to seek a gel design as it can really do a good job of reducing the amount that you sweat during the night.
1. Zinus Memory Foam Tea Mattress
The unit comes in four different thicknesses at the checkout and you can also choose from seven different standard mattress sizes when the company has them all in stock. This is a very nice mattress, which offers a good balance of support and comfort and it is one that you may want to think about picking up.
- The mattress comes in a 6,8,10 and a 12-inch thick option
- The design is built to produce a large amount of airflow and it designed to relieve pressure on your body so that you wake up less sore the next day
- The unit is infused with green tea extract, which helps with odor and bacteria reduction
- The unit ships compressed and rolled so that you don’t have to worry about fitting the unit through your doorway
- You can get this mattress in twin, twin xl, full size, short queen, queen, king as well as California king when it is in stock
- Ten-year limited warranty comes with your purchase
- Decompression of the mattress takes 48 hours after doorstep arrival
- Lack of gel in this design means that this mattress might not be ideal for someone who sweats a lot
As long as you are okay with a partial memory foam design and don’t care about gel being in the unit, you are going to be happy with the comfortability of this mattress. This is a quality design that comes in almost any thickness and shape that you could need.
If you want something that helps prevent allergies, you will love the fact that green tea extract in the design helps to reduce the build-up of bacteria. This is definitely a design that you may want to consider if you aren’t looking to break the bank and don’t want too much missing as far as quality goes.
2. Signature Sleep Memoir
This bed design incorporates the use of regular supportive foam followed by a topper of memory foam. The design is built to be able to work on all kinds of different surfaces thanks to its supportive foam design.
You can get this bed in four different size options and four different thicknesses, which means that it is capable of working for a fair amount of people. Definitely a quality design, that isn’t all that expensive either.
- The unit includes a mattress cover, which is ideal for protection purposes
- The unit is extremely easy to get into your household thanks to a compressed shipping design
- The design is built free of flame retardants and other harmful chemicals
- You can get this bed in a twin size, full size, queen size as well as a king size option
- The unit comes in a 6, 8, 10 and a 12-inch thick design
- Simple design does not have much of a pattern on it and instead keeps a pretty flat, comfortable design on the top portion of the mattress
- You have to wait 24 hours after the unit arrives for decompression of the mattress to occur
- The mattress may not come in the size that you need for the frame and sheets that you have
- No gel in the unit means that you may have to sleep in a bit of a hotter environment if you buy this bed
As long as this product comes in a size option that works for you, you aren’t going to be disappointed with this bed. This is a great design, which comes in a variety of thicknesses so that you can make sure it will fit in your frame.
With this mattress, you can have peace of mind in terms of your health and you also won’t worry about having to get the unit into your house.
This is an awesome bed that you should consider as long as you don’t feel as though you need a gel design.
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel
Although this unit only comes in an eight-inch design, you will be happy to know that you can pick up this mattress in seven different size options.
- The unit has 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam and 6 inches of supportive high-density foam in its design
- Anti-microbial and hypoallergenic design is ideal for people with allergies
- The bed is resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria as well as dust mites
- The bed is said to have a medium firmness and can be used on top of an adjustable base if you desire
- The bed comes compressed so that you don’t have to worry about getting it into your house
- This product only comes in an eight-inch design, which may not work for the size of frame you have
- The unit comes compressed, which means you will need to wait 48 hours for the unit to decompress after you open it at arrival
As long as an eight-inch design is something that works for you, you are going to be impressed by this bed. This is an extremely comfortable unit and with the use of the gel infused memory foam, it will allow you to sleep without sweating as much as usual.
This is a design that is built to be both antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, which is great in terms of this mattress appealing to a wide range of people.
If you have a bit of a higher budget for a mattress, but don’t want to go for broke buying yourself a bed, you should make sure that you consider this bed as an option as it truly is a very comfortable, durable design.
We hope that this article has helped to teach you some things about memory foam beds. There are so many to choose from on the market today that is can definitely be a hard choice to make.
Always consider how firm you like a mattress to be, first and foremost before you purchase. Check to make sure you are purchasing the right size and check to make sure your frame supports the thickness of the unit as well and then you should be good to go.
Good luck with your memory foam bed shopping and hope you end up with a spectacular bed.