Best King Size Bed of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are looking to get a large bed, a king size bed may just be the size that you have been looking for. This is not the largest size that is available on the market, but this is a bed that is big enough to be able to give you your personal space and allows you to be able to still have lots of room on either side of your body while you sleep.
With so many king size bed options available in the marketplace and the fact that a king sized unit is a relatively an expensive size, it is important to know what to look for in a bed so that you get something that is a high quality.
To help to teach you some of the things that you should look for to narrow down your options, we have rounded up our picks for the best king size beds on the market.
We have also created a buyer’s guide that you can have a look through so you can see some criteria that you can use to further narrow down your options and choose the best possible kind size bed for yourself.
Signature Sleep Memory Foam
Classic Brands Cool Gel
Best Price Mattress
What kind of thickness should I look for in the best king size bed?
If you want to get one of the most comfortable, supportive king sized beds that money can buy, you should make sure that you don’t cheap out on the thickness of the bed.
Missing out on the thickness of a bed can have a huge impact on your sleep. The thicker the bed is, the less likely it is that you will be able to bottom out the unit.
“Bottoming out” essentially is a term that describes when your body weight is no longer being supported by the mattress itself and is instead being supported by whatever is underneath the product.
The thinner the mattress you buy, the more likely it is that your king size bed is going to bottom out and be uncomfortable to lie down on.
What sort of material is the best for a king size bed?
Beds are made from all kinds of different materials and it can be quite hard to narrow down your options without knowing what the various materials are and how they impact the mattress.
The main materials that you are going to find in a mattress include regular foam, memory foam as well as coils and gel. Here is a quick breakdown of these items and what they mean in a mattress so that you can get a better idea of what you should look for:
- Memory foam-
This is a type of foam that is considered to be more comfortable than that of regular foam. This type of foam is generally found on the top portion of a mattress and is ideal in this area as it is designed to be able to conform to your body and offer it support in areas that it needs.
- Regular foam/ supportive foam-
This type of foam has a higher density than that of a memory foam design. The foam is often used on either the bottom or the middle portion of a mattress on top of coils. This type of foam generally will make a mattress more firm, which is something that you are going to want to be on the lookout for if you are on the heavier side of things.
Coils are made of a wide variety of materials depending on the bed. This type of material was traditionally a metal design, but in beds today you will often find that there are foam coils in the design of the mattress, which are much more comfortable than that of a metal design.
This type of material is something that is often infused with memory foam. The gel is essentially a compound that helps to keep a mattress at a lower temperature than that of what it normally would be. This is the ideal type of material if you sweat a lot at night and want to have some relief.
What should I look for in terms of a warranty for a king size bed?
If you want to get a good quality bed, you should make sure that you have a look at what the warranty is before you purchase.
The longer the warranty on a bed is, the longer that you can expect the unit to last in general. The best part about a warranty is that you are covered in the case of something going wrong with product years down the road and it can definitely give you some peace of mind when spending a bunch of money purchasing a quality king size bed.
What do I need in terms of a frame for a king size bed?
Since you are obviously looking for a large mattress, you are going to want to make sure that you have a large frame that is capable of being able to support a lot of weight.
The nice thing about bed frames is that they come in the same sizes as mattresses. You have to look for a frame that has king size in its design specifications and the frame should work for the mattress so long as the weight limit on the frame is sufficient for your needs.
Although, certain frames do have mattress thickness specifications on them if they are not adjustable so that is also something that you will want to make sure that you pay attention to.
When looking for a frame, you may want to consider how much you can store underneath a unit as well as the size of the headboard and footboard, just so that you can make sure you can fit the unit through the doorway that you want to as well as into the spot that you want it in the room.
1. Signature Sleep Memory Foam
If you are interested in picking up a king size bed for a low to moderate price tag, you may want to pick up one of these designs. This unit is available in a king size in four different thicknesses to suit your needs as well as to better fit your budget. The unit is designed to be extremely comfortable and reliable over the long term. If you want something that is nice and soft and that will conform to your body while you sleep, you should look at this unit further.
- The bed comes available in a 6 inch, 8 inches, 10 inches, as well as a 12-inch design
- The bed has a memory foam layer followed by a supporting layer of high-density foam so that you will be properly supported
- The bed is designed to be breathable, which will allow you to be able to stay cool on hot nights
- The bed is made without the use of things like flame retardants and mercury, which can give you some peace of mind
- The unit comes compressed, which is ideal for getting the bed setup and through and into your house
- The design is eco-friendly, which is great for the price of the unit
- The thicknesses of the supportive foam and memory foam topper are given for each of the mattress thicknesses, which is ideal for making sure the bed will be comfortable
- The unit does not use cooling gel in its design, which means that it is not going to be quite as cool as it could be
If you are interested in picking up a king bed for a moderate price tag and are willing to sacrifice having cooling gel in a unit, you may like what this manufacturer has to offer. The unit comes available in almost any size that you could want or need and you are going to be pleased with how comfortable the memory foam topper makes this bed.
Thanks to the fact that this bed comes compressed in a box it is going to be hard to compete with the convenience and price that this unit has to offer. Definitely a unit you should consider.
2. Best Price Mattress
If you have a low budget in mind for a king size bed, but still want something comfortable, you should check out this bed. The unit comes in four different thicknesses when it is in stock and you can pick up the unit in a king size as well as a California king size. This is a bed that is very popular in the marketplace as a result of its awesome comfortability and low price tag.
- The unit is designed to eliminate sleeping pressure points in order to allow you to be able to have a comfortable sleep every time
- The unit comes available in a 6, 8, 10 as well as a 12-inch design when in stock
- The bed states the thickness of the memory foam topper, the pressure relief foam as well as the thickness of the high-density supportive foam in each of its designs
- The bed is backed by a ten-year warranty, which can give you some peace of mind with purchasing this bed
- The unit does not have gel in its design, which means you won’t sleep at quite as low of a temperature as some designs
If the gel is not a huge issue for you, you are going to like what this manufacturer offers. The units that they sell all come in a variety of thicknesses and it is definitely nice that the manufacturer sells both a California king as well as a regular king design.
If you are looking to save some money on a bed it is definitely hard to go wrong with picking up one of these products. This is a unit that you can trust to last a long time and it is certainly an option worth considering.
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel
If you are willing to spend a large budget in order to be able to pick up a nice, large king mattress, you should take a look at this design. The unit comes in both a California king as well as a regular king design. One really nice thing about this manufacturer is that they include two pillows with your purchase, which will help you be able to have a good night sleep starting on the very first night after this mattress arrives.
- The unit uses memory foam as well as high-density gel foam, which will keep you cooler while you sleep
- The unit has a nice fabric cover on it, which is very eye appealing
- The unit is designed to relieve pressure points so that you don’t wake up sore the next day
- The bed is hypoallergenic and is resistant to things like mold, bacteria and dust mites as well
- The bed is designed to be medium soft, but with firm support
- This bed ships compressed and rolled, which makes it nice and easy to get into your home and setup into place
- The bed has a high price tag attached to it, which may make it a tad bit out of reach for some people
So long as you can afford the higher price tag that this unit has on it, you are going to like this design. This is a quality unit that will allow you to be able to have good night sleeps each and every time.
With the pillows that this unit comes with as well as a supportive customer service from this manufacturer, you can definitely have some peace of mind. Definitely, make sure that you consider this unit if you can afford it, you won’t regret it.
We hope that this article has helped you to be able to realize some of the things that you should look for in a king size bed in order to get something that is of a good quality.
There are so many different bed brands on the market that you should always make sure you look into the company you are purchasing from before picking up a unit. The more you do your research, the more likely it is that you are going to find a product that you like. Best of luck in your search and hope you get yourself an awesome king size bed.