Best Inflatable Air Bed of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are thinking about picking up an inflatable air bed, you have come to the right article. Air beds are very convenient as they are capable of being taken from place to place with ease.
There are certain things that you should look for in an air bed if you want your bed to be able to last you a long time as not all mattresses are made with the same kind of quality.
In order to help you be able to narrow down your options and pick out a high-quality air bed, we have made a buyer’s guide covering various criteria that you can use to be able to buy a good quality bed.
We also made a list of our picks for the top inflatable air beds on the market so that you can see some of what is available.
Lazery Sleep Air Mattress
Sleep Restoration Queen Size Air Mattress
Intex Classic Downy Airbed Set
What kind of a budget should I have to be able to pick up the best inflatable air bed?
If you want to get something small that is designed to be a one person unit compared to something that is designed for two people, you are not going to have to spend as much money in order to pick up something that is of a good quality.
The key to setting your budget is to figure out what product you are going to want to purchase first and narrow down the features that you want in a unit.
After you have done this, you will have a much easier time narrowing down your options and seeing what kind of a budget you should have so that you can pick up the inflatable air bed that you desire.
What sorts of things should I look for in a quality inflatable air bed purchase?
One of the main things that you should make sure you take a look at when you are buying yourself an inflatable bed is the air pump that comes with the unit.
There are a ton of different kinds of pumps available in the marketplace that are designed to be able to fill up your mattress at a fast rate of speed.
The best pumps on the market require as little effort as possible to pump up the unit. You are going to find a ton of inflatable air beds that come with manual pumps, but it is just important to be aware that these types of units are going to take some time and effort to blow up compared to that of a design that is electric.
What sort of a weight limit should I try to aim for in an inflatable air bed?
These types of units are not meant to be able to hold thousands of pounds unlike some of the regular mattresses in the marketplace.
If you are looking to get something that is of a high quality as far as an air mattress goes, you should expect, however, to see a unit that has a high weight limit.
This is a great indication that the bed is built to be pretty durable and that the bed is going to be capable of holding up to some long term use.
To give you a rough idea of what you should look for, you should expect to find a weight limit between 250-500 for a bed that is meant for use for a single person and a bed meant for two people should have somewhere from 400-750 lbs that the unit can carry.
Always make sure that you have a rough idea of how much weight you are going to be putting on the unit so that you can be sure that the bed is not going to pop on you or become damaged as a result of too much weight.
What accessories are important for purchasing an inflatable air bed?
If you are choosing to pick up an inflatable air bed that is on the cheaper side of things, you are going to want to try to look for an inflatable air bed that has some kind of a patching kit that comes with it.
Patches that come with a unit aren’t necessarily a good sign as this is kind of an indication that the manufacturer expects the unit to develop some kind of a hole over time.
However, it is definitely nice to have an inflatable air bed that comes with patches as it can give you some peace of mind that you will be able to actually repair the unit should you run into any troubles with it down the road.
What kind of a warranty should I expect to find in an inflatable air bed?
Unfortunately, you should not expect to find a super long warranty on an inflatable air bed. These units are definitely not built to be able to last forever and the warranty on these units does show that.
However, comparing models we have come to the conclusion that you should expect some kind of a warranty to come with an inflatable air mattress purchase, but don’t be surprised if it is a short one, especially if you are buying something that is in the low budget range.
1. Sleep Restoration Queen Size Air Mattress
If you want to pick up an inflatable air bed for a moderate price tag and want some of the coolest features that the market has to offer, you should make sure you take a good look at this bed. This bed is only available in a queen size, but the unit is 18 inches off the ground, which is ideal in terms of comfort and support. This is a bed that is easy to setup and that is packed with features that you are going to want to check out.
- The unit is multi-layered, which helps to prevent the unit from randomly popping
- The bed is durable and waterproof, which is ideal for having beverages in bed
- The unit uses a top coil system, which disperses your weight across the mattress resulting in a better supported and more comfortable sleep
- The bed has a built in air pump that self-inflates at the flick of a switch
- The bed is designed to be able to inflate and compress within a matter of minutes
- The unit comes with a carrying bag, which makes it easy to keep this bed protected and stored in a location of your choosing
- The unit comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, which can give you some peace of mind
- The bed only comes available in a queen size
- The unit is quite tall, which may be an issue for some people
If you want a really cool futuristic air mattress, you are going to love this design. With this beds ability to be able to self-inflate combined with the comfortability that this unit has to offer, it is hard to be disappointed with this unit.
This is a bed that is pretty popular in the marketplace as a result of how long the unit is capable of lasting as well as its comfortable coil design. If you want a nice inflatable air bed, you should make sure that you carefully consider this bed as an option.
2. Intex Classic Downy Airbed Set
If you just have a low budget for an inflatable air bed and are looking to get something for a really low budget, it is going to be pretty hard to beat this design. This is a unit that comes in a queen size, but that also comes with some accessories, which is great for the price tag. The bed comes with two inflatable pillows as well as a hand pump for the bed so that you can fill it with air relatively easily.
- The unit is actually the standard queen size, which means that bed sheets will fit this mattress properly
- The bed has a 2 in one valve for inflation and deflation so that you can inflate and compress the unit quickly and easily
- The unit has a waterproof top on it so that you can drink on this unit if you desire
- The bed is rated to be able to hold up to 600 lbs, which is awesome for the low price tag of this product
- The dimensions of the bed are given and are 60 x 8.75 x 80
- This unit is quite easy to fold so that you can store this unit quickly and easily wherever you please
- The unit is very light weight, which means that you should not have issues moving this unit around
- The bed comes only in a dark blue color, which some people may not like
- You will have to pump this inflatable air bed up by hand, which you might not enjoy
If you want to save some money and pick yourself up and inflatable air bed, you are going to want to consider getting one of these designs.
The low price tag of this bed makes it really appealing, even though you are going to have to pump up the unit by hand. This is a popular design as a result of the unit being so quick and easy to use and store.
If you don’t care about how your air bed inflates, you should definitely think about buying this unit up.
3. Lazery Sleep Air Mattress
If you are looking to spend more money on an inflatable air bed in order to get one of the best quality beds available on the market, you should have a look at this bed. The unit is designed to be a double height bed, which keeps you well off of the ground while you sleep. This design incorporates the use of an electric pump, which is great in terms of ease of use and reliability.
- The air pump built into the bed has an auto shut off design and is capable of filling the mattress in four minutes
- The unit uses 40 air coils, which is great for supporting purposes in the bed
- The bed actually has a remote control, which allows you to be able to change the firmness of the bed to suit your personal sleeping preferences
- The bed is foldable and can hold up to 500 lbs, which means you are likely not going to run into weight issues with this bed
- The unit comes in a bag, which makes it easy to be able to take this air mattress from place to place
- Gripped bottom of the mattress will keep this bed from sliding around on you
- The higher price tag of this air mattress may turn you off of purchasing the unit
- The unit only comes available in a queen and a twin design
So long as a queen or a twin design works for your needs and you can afford the higher price tag attached to this bed, you are going to like what this bed has to offer.
This is a unit that is built to be durable and to have maximum comfort. With the ability to be able to remotely change the firmness of the bed to suit your needs it is hard to not have a comfortable sleep if you decide to pick up one of these mattresses.
This is most definitely a bed you should think about picking up if you can afford the price tag that it possesses.
We hope that this article has taught you a thing or two about inflatable air beds and that you now feel as though you will be able to purchase one that is of a high quality.
By no means is it easy to be able to narrow down your options if you don’t know the criteria that you should use.
Make sure that you follow our tips and take a good look at measurements as well as the components that you get with your purchase before making a decision.
Good luck in your quest for a new inflatable air bed and hope you pick up something really nice.