Best Dog Bed for Labs of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are looking to try and get a dog bed for your lab and you are unsure what you should get, you have come to the right place. Buying a dog bed for a larger dog like a lab is by no means an easy task to accomplish. You need to find something that offers your dog the support that it needs to be able to sleep without waking up in pain the next day.
In addition, you are also going to want something that is relatively easy to clean and that can hold up to regular wear and tear caused by your dog. To help you with this, we have come up with a buyer’s guide as well as a list of our picks for the bed lab dog beds on the market:
BRINDLE Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Sofa Bed
The Dog’s Bed
How important is the thickness of the lab bed?
If you want to try and find something that is the most comfortable for your lab, you are going to want to try and find something that is of a thicker design.
The thicker the dog bed is, the more likely it is that the dog bed is going to be able to support your dog how it needs to be supported.
If you cheap out and get something that has a thin design, you may find that the foam shifts over or there may end up being a divot in the foam over time, which can cause discomfort for your lab.
Although some dog beds may seem expensive at first, many of them are built to be able to last for long periods of time, which is something to consider when making your purchase.
How do I know that the foam is high enough quality to keep my lab comfortable?
If you want to make sure that your lab dog bed contains quality foam that allows your dog to remain comfortable for its lifetime, you are going to want to take a careful look at the materials that are used inside of the dog bed.
The most commonly used materials are memory foam, regular foam and shredded foam designs. The best possible thing to look for if you want the dog bed to last a long time is a shredded memory foam design.
This type of design has such a dense amount of foam inside of it that it won’t sag over time. As a result of the foam not sagging, your dog is going to be more comfortable and you won’t have to worry about bed replacement for a very long period of time.
How do I know what size of bed I should get for my lab?
In order to make sure that you are getting a bed that properly supports your dog, you should make sure that you take a look at what size you should get.
In order to be able to get the proper size for a lab, you are definitely going to want to look at the large and extra-large bed designs.
If you really want to make sure that you are buying something that is large enough for your dog, you should measure it.
Generally, you are going to find that manufacturers do list both the length and width of beds in their descriptions so that you can make sure that you purchase something that is going to be a reasonable size.
How important is it that the lab bed is of a waterproof design?
If you have a dog that is accident prone or even one that is just starting to get older, you may want to consider getting a bed that is of a waterproof design.
These types of beds are ideal for people who want to be able to do as little maintenance as possible. Most waterproof designs work by means of a cover that goes over the top of the unit.
The best thing about this type of design is that you can simply take the cover off and throw it in the washing machine in order to clean it off.
There is very little maintenance involved in most waterproof designs, which is why it is definitely something you should be searching for.
How do I check to see how durable a lab dog bed is?
If you want to get the best dog bed for your lab, durability is extremely important so that you don’t end up having to purchase a new dog bed a short time down the road.
To check for durability you should look to see if the manufacturer has stated whether the unit is of a chew-proof design. If they did state that it is a chew-proof design, this is a good way to be able to tell that the item is capable of being able to take one some wear and tear.
It is important to be aware that some chew-proof designs are better than others and you should always look to see if they listed the design as aggressively chew-proof compared to something like a moderate chew-proof design.
How important is a warranty for a lab bed?
If you are buying a lab bed, you are going to want to try to find something that has a decently long warranty attached to it.
Sometimes manufacturer’s will have smaller warranties attached to products that have chew-proof designs as it is pretty hard to make something that is entirely tear-resistant and still comfortable to sleep on.
However, if you want to be on the safe side of things as far as warranty goes, you should look for something that has at least a 90 day warranty on it as this is a good length of time for your dog to try to rip the bed apart and it is long enough that you should easily be able to spot any design flaws as well.
1. BRINDLE Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
If you are looking to get a lab bed for a mediocre budget, you should make sure that you take a careful look at what this design has to offer. This is a dog bed that comes in four different color options and comes in a variety of different sizes. The unit is made out of a shredded memory foam design, which offers a blend of durability and comfort that is ideal for a lab.
- The unit has a total of 7 different sizes that it can come in so that you can get a size that works for your lab whether it is fully grown or still growing
- The unit has 3 inches of shredded foam in its design, which offers a dense and supportive bed for your dog
- The unit is designed to conform to your dog in order to help relieve aches and pains
- The unit has a cover on it, which can be removed and can be washed and dried out according to your needs
- The bed comes with a three-year warranty, which can give you some peace of mind with your purchase
- The unit is not a chew-proof design, which may not be ideal if you have a dog that likes to chew on things
- The cover on this unit is not waterproof, which isn’t the best if your dog has bladder issues or is starting to get older
As long as you can deal with the fact that this is not a waterproof design and the fact that it isn’t chew-proof, you are going to be happy with the comfort that this bed can offer to your dog. This is a very nice design that comes in almost any size that you could need. The cover on this unit is quite handy and allows you to be able to keep the bed clean with ease. This is definitely a very nice design for your money and if you want a bed that offers long-term durability and comfort, you should make sure that you consider this design.
2. FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Sofa Bed
If you want to get a fancy looking dog bed on a budget, you should make sure that you take a careful look at this product. This is a really cool design made by Furhaven Pet, which makes the dog bed look as though it is a mini sofa. The design comes in a multitude of color options to suit your personal design tastes and you can order it in four different sizes so that you can be sure that you get something that fits your lab.
- The design is built to have soft edges on it unlike a regular sofa so that your dog will always be comfortable when it is on the bed
- There is egg crate orthopedic foam in the design of this unit, which is ideal for relieving pressure on joints
- The unit is made out of a polyester canvas that is designed to be water resistant, which is ideal for the longevity of this product
- The design uses thick fur in order to provide a super soft and comfortable sleeping surface
- The exact dimensions of each of the beds are given so that you can measure your dog and living space and get something that suits your needs
- The unit does not have a removable cover on it, which does make it a little more difficult to be able to clean
- If you want something that is of a chew-proof design, you may want to stay away from this bed
As long as you don’t need a removable cover and chew-proof design, it is hard to beat something that is this comfortable for this kind of money. The unit may not be made out of a shredded foam design, which may not allow the unit to last forever, however, the units egg-crate foam design is extremely comfortable and provides lots of support for your lab. This is definitely a very nice budget bed and if you are interested in getting something that is unlike a normal bed and that looks pretty cool, you should definitely consider this bed further.
3. The Dog’s Bed
If you are looking to get a high-end bed for your lab, you should make sure that you check out this option. This is a really cool bed that comes in a huge range of size options and colors when in stock. You will have no issues with getting something that fits the size of your dog if you choose to go with this brand. This is definitely a design that is built for convenience and if you want something that is easy to maintain, you should check this one out.
- The unit comes in almost any color that you could want in a dog bed
- The bed is designed so that it surrounds your dog and offers it full support in all areas
- The bed is designed using a hypoallergenic design, which is ideal for someone who has allergies
- There is a removable pillow in the design so that you can make your dog even more comfortable, without making cleaning more of a hassle
- The unit has a cover, which is of a waterproof design and is ideal for dogs that have bladder issues
- The design is built so that it is tear resistant and washable
- Top notch safety was incorporated into the design of this product, minimizing choking hazards for your lab
- The product does have an expensive price tag
As long as you are willing to pay a higher price to get a quality bed, you should make sure that you consider this bed as an option. Thanks to the immense amount of safety, a dense foam design and the wide range of size and color options it truly is hard to be able to find a nicer bed. If you can afford this design is very unlikely that you are going to be disappointed with the product that you get.
We hope, you now feel like you know some more things about lab beds and that you will be able to purchase a quality one for your dog. There are so many different options available on the market when it comes to dog beds that you really should make sure that you are narrowing down to specific features in order to make the task a bit easier for you. Best of luck with your new lab bed and hope that your dog loves it!