Best Craftmatic Bed of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are interested in learning about Craftmatic type beds and want to be able to distinguish the difference in quality from one bed to the next, we have created this article for you.
Craftmatic is a big name brand in adjustable beds and they have a lot of respect on the market. So that you can choose an adjustable bed that suits your needs, we have created a Craftmatic/ adjustable bed buyer’s guide as well as a list of our picks for the top Craftmatic/ adjustable beds on the market so that you can see some of the great options that are available.
Classic Brands Adjustable Bed
Fashion Bed Group Adjustable Bed
Vibrance Adjustable Bed
What makes for a good quality Craftmatic bed?
If you are looking to get top quality, you should look to see what sorts of features the unit has to start. There are a variety of different budgets that you could have and still be able to purchase an adjustable bed, however, there are definitely some features that make a quality bed standout.
You should look for a unit that has both ergonomic adjustment in the head as well as the foot elevations. These areas should have a lot of adjustment options as not everyone has the same body type and certain angles and bends are going to be more comfortable for some people than for others.
Another thing to look for is the type of mattress that the unit is capable of holding. The ones you should look for include memory foam, latex as well as air mattresses as this is fairly standard for adjustable and Craftmatic beds.
What should I look for in terms of massage options for a Craftmatic bed?
If you want a high-quality unit, you should always check to make sure that it is capable of performing a massage. This is almost always a commonplace item to find in this type of bed and certainly one you should look for.
You should expect to find that the unit offers not only foot massage, but head massage as well. Generally, you won’t be able to adjust the massage on the unit, however, you will often find things like timers that will turn the massager off after a certain length of time allowing you to be able to fall asleep.
Are mattress rails important for a Craftmatic bed?
Just like a regular bed, your mattress has to be supported. On a regular bed, you will often find that there is a footboard on the unit to keep the mattress from sliding off the unit while you are using the bed.
For a Craftmatic bed, this is even more important. Since you will be on the bed and contort the mattress to all sorts of different angles the mattress is prone to sliding off of the device.
In order to make sure that you don’t hurt yourself and to make sure that your mattress won’t slide off of your bed, you should always look to see if you can find an adjustable bed that has rails in its design as this will stop a slide from occurring.
How do I decide what size of Craftmatic bed I should purchase?
You will have to pay close attention if you plan to purchase a Craftmatic bed for two people. This type of bed often changes in design once it is deemed to be large enough to be able to hold two people.
On the larger versions of these beds, you will often find that there is a split in the middle of the unit so that each person on either side of the bed can have their own level of adjustment and be as comfortable as possible.
If you are buying for two people, you should always check to make sure that bed features such as adjustment and massage are available for both sides of the unit.
If you don’t you may end up “fighting” over the massager and this is something that can be easily avoided.
Due to the large size of these units, once you get into sizes capable of fitting more than one person, you should always take measurements of your house to make sure that you will be able to fit the unit through your door before you purchase.
How long of a warranty should I expect on a Craftmatic bed?
Due to the high price of adjustable beds, you should expect to find a lengthy limited warranty.
Expect to find that limited warranties last anywhere from 5-25 years on a unit depending on the amount of money that you spend on one to start with.
One thing that you are definitely going to notice is that these types of beds often come with additional accident protection warranty that you can purchase at the checkout.
If you are a bit of a klutz of just want some peace of mind, you may want to consider purchasing one of these with your bed as that way you will have some very good coverage for a pretty good length of time.
Is the weight limit important for a Craftmatic?
The weight limit on these types of beds can definitely be of issue for some people.
These units normally have weight limits that don’t take into account the weight of the mattress, which means that a 500-pound weight limit could end up being only a 435 lb person weight limit once the unit has a mattress on it.
You should be especially careful when purchasing two person designs to check the weight limit and the weight of your mattress before you purchase a unit.
1. Classic Brands Adjustable Bed
If you are looking to get a cheaper adjustable bed on the market and don’t want to sacrifice your comfort to do so, you should make sure that you take a glance at what this product has to offer. The unit comes in five different size options when in stock and you can choose whether you want to pick up a mattress with your purchase at the checkout. This is a great unit that you can pick up on a bit of a lower budget and is more than capable of keeping you comfortable over the long term.
- The unit is designed to be quiet, which is ideal for sleeping and if you decide to get a larger unit to share with another person
- The unit has three-speed foot and head massagers so that you will be comfortable no matter your laying position
- Three different height options for the legs allow you to lie as you please
- The unit works with memory foam, latex as well as air mattresses
- You can buy this product in twin XL, full size, queen size, king as well as split king when in stock
- Mattress rails are on this product to keep your mattress from sliding around
- USB ports on the bed are ideal for charging your devices
- Six legs on the unit is ideal for support
- The unit comes in a gray/ black color design, which may not suit your tastes
If you are looking to get an adjustable bed on a budget, it is going to be pretty difficult to beat this design. This is a very nice adjustable bed that has some high-end features like a wireless remote and adjustable massage settings. This bed is built to be convenient for the user and it is capable of fitting almost any king of mattress thanks to its handy design. A great unit for a budget bed that really offers a lot of value for your money.
2. Vibrance Adjustable Bed
If you are looking at spending a decent chunk of money on a bed and don’t need to purchase a design that fits two people, you should consider this bed as an option. This is a very nice bed that has an adjustable base and is capable of adjustment in both the head and foot areas on the unit. The design is built to be slim but has a bar on the bottom to ensure that your mattress doesn’t slide around on you when you use this product.
- You have adjustment for both the head and foot massager built into this product and you can adjust both at the same time if you desire
- The unit has a wired remote control, which is ideal for making sure you don’t lose the remote
- This bed comes with a limited 20-year warranty on it, which is not bad for the price tag
- Free-fall safety design of this product is great if you fear accidentally hurting yourself
- The unit is designed to be quiet so that you can fall asleep with ease
- The bed has a 550 lb weight limit, which is a reasonably high number for one person
- Built with a neutral white fabric design so that the unit doesn’t look out of place in any environment
- Can elevate the head up to 59 degrees and the feet at up to 45 degrees
- The product does have a fairly high price tag, which might be out of reach for some people
As long as you can afford to buy this product, you are probably not going to be upset with the product that you purchased. This is a very nice bed that is designed to be able to fit into almost any environment. The unit may not have a wireless remote, which could bother some people, but it does have a wired remote so it isn’t really a huge loss. This product may be a little on the expensive side, but if you can afford it, it does offer some very nice quality.
3. Fashion Bed Group Adjustable Bed
If you have a good chunk of money to spend and you want to make sure that you get something that is worth a higher budget, you should make sure that you take a look at what this adjustable bed has to offer. The unit comes in a gray finish, which allows it to pretty much be used in any environment. You can pick up this bed in five different sizes at the checkout and it is very likely that you are going to enjoy all of the many features that this bed possesses.
- You can pick up this bed in a twin XL, full size, queen size, split queen as well as a split king design
- The unit has an adjustable base, which is great for people who have a hard time getting around or just want things to be easier
- The unit has a wireless remote, which allows you to change your bed position and adjust your massage
- Even the smallest version of this bed is capable of holding up to 700 lbs so it is unlikely that the weight limit is going to be an issue for you
- The unit comes with a 25-year limited warranty in case you are worried about paying a high price for a bed
- Dual massage allows you to be able to massage your feet and head as much as you like
- The unit has a high price on it, which will keep it out of reach for some people
If you can afford the higher price of this unit, this bed is made with supreme quality. This bed has a ton of adjustment in its design and you can easily reduce things like back and neck pain by using this bed. With the long warranty that this unit comes with combined with the wonderful massage features that this product possesses it is hard to go wrong if you decide to take the plunge and purchase this bed.
We hope this article has helped you to realize the complexity of Craftmatic and adjustable beds. It is really important to make sure that you inform yourself about these types of beds before you go out and purchase one so that you will be happy with what you end up with.
These beds are much different than that of a regular bed and you should make sure that you have done your reading and have checked out a few different options before making a purchasing decision. Best of luck in your search and hope you get a great Craftmatic or adjustable bed.