Best Bed Rails for Toddlers of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are worried about your toddler falling out of their bed when they are sleeping, one of the best things that you can do to help prevent injury is to buy yourself a set of bed rails.
A bed rail will stop your toddler from being able to roll right off of the bed while they are sleeping and it is likely that you will find a ton of different rails available in the marketplace. Narrowing down your options isn’t easy as you definitely have to know what to look for.
To help you learn, we have created a buyer’s guide as well as a list of our picks for the best bed rails for toddlers on the market so that you can witness a few of the many good options that are out there.
Hiccapop Foam Toddler Bed Rails
Dream On Me Mesh Bed Rail
ComfyBumpy Toddler Bed Rail
What kind of a budget do I need to have in order to be able to get the best bed rail for toddlers?
If you want to get something that is among the best in the marketplace in terms of convenience and reliability, the nice thing is, you don’t have to have a massive budget in order to be able to pick one up.
Bed rails are not super expensive components unless you try to pick up a bed rail that goes along the entire duration of one side of your bed, which is a little bit overkill for what you actually need.
You should easily be able to pick up a unit for under a hundred dollars, which means you don’t really have to worry about breaking the bank to pick up a quality rail.
What sorts of materials should I look for in the best bed rails for toddlers?
If you want to pick up the safest bed rails for your toddler then there are definitely some things that you should be on the lookout for.
The first and most important thing that you are going to want to watch for is that the materials that are used in the design are not made out of harmful materials.
Look for bed rails that are BPA free and that don’t have flame retardants in them. Toddlers like to put things inside of their mouths so if you want to have the best possible safe rail for your toddler’s bed, you should try to find things that are safe and free of both harmful materials as well as small pieces that could cause your toddler to choke.
What do I need to know in terms of picking out a bed rail that is the proper size?
The main thing that you need to be aware of to be able to pick out a proper size is that bed rails are usually sold in the same sizes as mattresses.
To make sure that you are buying the right bed rail, you simply have to know what size of mattress you have and you should be able to pick one out.
The one other thing that you are going to have to remember to take a look at is how tall the bed rail is.
Depending on the thickness of your toddler’s mattress, you may find that some bed rails are not capable of fitting properly.
Always look to see if a unit is rated to be used for a specific thickness of mattress as this does happen at times. After you make sure everything works, you should be good to go.
How easy are the best bed rails to setup?
Depending on the make and model of the rail, one unit could definitely be a lot more difficult to setup than another.
There are rails that have to be physically attached to a bed frame and there are also rails that simply slide underneath your mattress and between your box spring and mattress.
You should always make sure that you take a look at the specifications for a unit in order to see how long they take to be able to setup.
The best bed rails setup quite easily and if you want something convenient, you should definitely look for that in a unit.
How long of a warranty should I expect to find on a quality bed rail?
If you take a look at a bunch of bed rails in the marketplace, you are going to often find that they come with lengthy warranties.
Even if you happen to find a unit that has a low price tag on it, it is likely that you are going to find that the unit has a long warranty on it.
Bed rails are not products that are supposed to break over time, they are a device that you are supposed to be able to trust with keeping your child safe and secure. You should expect to find very long warranties on all bed rails for toddlers and you may want to stay away from units that don’t have a long warranty that comes with them.
Should I try to find a unit that is easy to clean?
Believe it or not cleaning a bed rail is actually pretty important. Since this is an area that is right next to your bed and is often getting touched by a body it is a location that is packed with bacteria.
If you want to get a unit that is as convenient as possible, you may want to be on the lookout for something that has a cover over the top of it that allows you to be able to easily wash the device.
1. Hiccapop Foam Toddler Bed Rails
If you have a moderate budget for a bed rail and want something that covers both sides of your toddler’s bed for optimal safety, you should check out this design. This unit is made entirely out of foam, which means that you never have to worry about pinched fingers if you decide to pick up one of these units. The bed is designed to be safe and secure and super easy to setup as well.
- The bed rails are lightweight in design, which means that they are super easy to store and move around
- The unit does not contain flame retardants and is BPA free
- The unit has a medium budget price, which makes the bed rails appeal to more people
- The bed rails go on either side of the bed so that your toddler is protected regardless of which way they roll
- Water resistant washable foam covers are on the unit, which helps to make the unit more convenient
- The unit rolls up for easy storage when not in use
- The rails come with a lifetime warranty, which can give you some peace of mind with your purchase of the bed rails
- The unit is not very secured onto the bed
If you like the idea of a bed rail that is impossible to pinch your fingers on, you may like the looks of this design. This bed rail may not look super secure, but it will keep your toddler in their bed unless they are specifically trying to get out of it. The unit does have a bit of a higher price than some bed rails on the market, but if you are looking for something that is safe and easy to install and store, you are going to have a hard time trying to find something that is better than this product for the price.
2. Dream On Me Mesh Bed Rail
If you don’t want to spend much money picking up a bed rail, you should maybe pick up one of these designs. This unit does not require assembly and has an extremely low price tag, which makes it appealing to a lot of people. The unit is made out of a mesh design and is capable of being able to fit onto most cribs so that your toddlers can stay nice and secure.
- The unit’s dimensions are given so that you can be sure that the unit will fit where you need (33.5 X 15 inches)
- The unit is easy to clean and just requires the use of a damp cloth to clean the device
- The product is a lightweight mesh design, which you can’t pinch your fingers on
- This product is sturdy so that you can have peace of mind knowing your toddler can’t roll out of bed
- The product is designed so that install is a piece of cake
- The bed rail is not very tall, which is why it is recommended to only be used on mattresses 5 inches thick or less
- The product only comes in blue, which some people may not like
So long as you like the blue design that this bed rail comes in and the five inch mattress is enough to suit your needs, you are going to like this unit. It is extremely hard to beat the low price tag that this product possesses, especially considering how easy this unit is to install. With no assembly and the ability to be able to fit this rail onto almost any crib, you should definitely make sure that you take a look at this bed rail and consider it carefully before picking up one.
3. ComfyBumpy Toddler Bed Rail
This is another medium budget range bed rail that you may like the looks of. This unit is designed to be one of the most secure designs on the market. If you want to be sure that your toddler can’t fall out of bed, you will definitely want to have a look at this bed rail.
- The unit is capable of attaching to your bed in three different ways, which means that it is one of the most secure designs in the marketplace
- The unit is designed to be a universal fit allowing you to put the rail on any size of bed that you please
- The unit is easy to pull down so that you can get the bed rail out of your way according to your needs
- The bed rail is designed so that install is easy
- Flat bars underneath the unit means that your toddler won’t feel them when they are sleeping and they will help to keep the bed rail nicely secured
- This company offers a risk free trail of this bed rail and they will give your money back if you don’t like the unit
- The white design of this bed rail is capable of fitting into most environments
- The unit is a one sided bed rail, meaning you would have to purchase more than one unit if you want full coverage for a bed
- The unit does have a higher price than some other bed rails on the market
As long as you are looking for a one sided bed rail and have a bit of a higher budget for a bed rail, you are going to like the security that this bed rail has to offer. The unit is one of the most secure in the marketplace and if you are looking to make sure that your toddler won’t roll out of bed, you can’t really go wrong picking up this product. This unit has the ability to be able to attach to any size of bed that you like and with the flat iron bars on the unit, your toddler is not going to have any issues being able to sleep with this device installed. Definitely, a bed rail that you should think about if you can take the extra hit budget wise to pick up this product.
After scouting through our article, we hope that you now feel like you will be able to purchase yourself a bed rail for your toddler without a ton of hassle. It is always important to double check to make sure that you are buying the right size before you purchase and that you are picking up something that is sold by an established brand and seller. Best of luck searching for the best bed rail for your toddler and we hope that you get something that is nice and secure to allow you to be able to sleep with peace of mind.