Best Bed Bug Spray of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you have bed bugs around your home and want to get some spray, you have come to the right article. Different sprays are certainly more potent than others when it comes to killing bed bugs, but you also don’t want to harm your health and well-being as a result of using the bug spray.
To avoid this and to help you be able to find a quality spray, we have come up with a buyer’s guide that you can take a read through in order to inform yourself about bed bug sprays and make a more educated purchasing decision. We have also made a list of our picks for the top sprays on the market so that you can see some good options first hand.
Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider
Rest Easy – Environmentally Friendly Bed Bug Spray
Hot Shot Bedbug & Flea Killer
One of the most important factors to consider when you are buying bed bug spray is the size of the bottle that you are purchasing. The larger the bottle is, the longer the spray is going to last you before you are forced to buy another bottle. You may wonder why they don’t just sell massive bottles of bug spray, but that is because it isn’t convenient to carry around with you.
The best bed bug sprays are small enough to be able to fit into a backpack or a small bag without issue and/ or come in a variety of sizes so that you can pick a size that works for the number of people using the spray as well as the location that you are going to be storing the bottle inside.
You are going to find that most of the bottles on the market do use a pump spray design for the application of the spray. However, there are other options on the market. Some bed bug sprays that come in a larger canister actually are capable of spraying in one continuous motion like that of sunscreen or a paint can.
Rather than buying a cheap pump and spray design, you may want to look for a bottle that is capable of this as it will allow for a more even coat of the bug spray on your bed and better protection from bed bugs as a result. Depending on if you have kids in the house, you may also want to look at the lid design of the unit as normally the continuous spray designs have larger lids and kids will be less likely to swallow them if they get their hands on it.
One thing that ranges a lot from unit to unit is the length of time that the product is capable of protecting you from bed bugs for. Some products are meant to be able to protect you for only a couple of days at a time, while other options on the market are designed to offer almost a full week of protection.
The longer the protection is, the less you are going to have to reapply the spray and the slower you are going to go through the bottle, which is definitely something you are going to want to think about.
What the best bug spray repels:
Different bed bug sprays are actually capable of being able to repel different things. The main thing that bed bug sprays repel is obviously bed bugs, but some companies do put other things into their formula in order to deter other insects from biting into you.
Depending on the environment that you are in and the amount of bugs that are in the environment, you may want to pay attention to other bugs listed on the repellant as this can save you from some soreness later on.
Unfortunately, some bed bug sprays on the market aren’t necessarily the best things to be putting on your body. Although there may not be proof of harmful effects caused as a result of putting chemicals on your skin, you may want to be better safe than sorry and at least check to see what it is you are putting on.
If you can’t eat it, then it probably is not going to be the best thing to be absorbed into your body. Luckily, there are some natural bug sprays on the market that use purely natural ingredients in order to deter bed bugs away from you.
However, these types of bug sprays are often seen as less effective than some of the ones that contain toxic chemicals so it can be a tough decision when choosing between them.
1. Rest Easy – Environmentally Friendly Bed Bug Spray
If you don’t need very much bug spray and you want to get something that is environmentally friendly and for a fairly reasonable price tag, you should make sure that you take a look at what this design has to offer. This is a bug spray that is designed to be about as safe as it can possibly be so if you are looking for something that you don’t have to worry about, then this is probably the right product for you.
- The unit is environmentally friendly and comes in a travel design, which is ideal for carrying around wherever you need
- The unit uses all-natural formulae that don’t contain any pesticides
- The unit is safe for children as well as pets
- The formulae is designed to be able to kill small insects such as bed mites along with bed bugs
- The unit has a cinnamon smell to it, which definitely makes it more appealing and nicer to sleep on
- If you have a large bed bug problem, then this may not be a large enough bottle to suit your needs
- The unit may not have quite the impact as that of a toxic formulae
- The lid of this unit is small so you will want to keep this unit well out of reach of small children
If you want something that works well and that is also environmentally friendly, you are going to want to make sure that you consider purchasing this product. This is a really nice bed bug spray that comes in a size that is easy to store and carry around.
Although the unit may not be able to solve a large bed bug infestation, it is more than capable of being able to solve most household bed bug issues with ease. If you want something that is safe for your kids, pets or your health, you won’t go wrong if you choose to pick up this bed bug spray at the checkout.
2. Hot Shot Bedbug & Flea Killer
If you want a bed bug spray that is capable of killing multiple different insects, you may want to take a good look at this design. The bed bug spray comes in a spray can design, which makes it easy to evenly coat anywhere where you would like to use the solution. One nice thing about this spray is that you have the option of buying it in bulk at the checkout so that you can handle any size of bug infestation that you come across. This is a quality spray and definitely one that you may want to consider.
- The unit can come as a singular can a pack of six or a pack of twelve
- The can is capable of killing bed bugs, fleas, dust mites as well as ticks
- This spray is actually capable of being able to kill bed bug eggs, which is ideal for stopping these bugs from popping up in the future
- The unit is capable of being able to spray in hard to reach places thanks to its paint can-like design
- The lid on the unit is quite large and doesn’t pose as much of a choking hazard to small children
- The unit does not stain fabric, which is ideal if you have white sheets or blankets on the top of your bed
- The spray is recommended to be used until the treatment surface is damp, which is not ideal for things like books and other papers
- The unit contains a fair bit of spray and you may find that you have leftover spray after solving one-bed bug issue
- Not an environmentally friendly solution
As long as you don’t mind making things damp and having a bit of leftover spray, you are going to be quite pleased with the quality of this product. This is a very nice spray that is capable of stopping all kinds of different bugs in their tracks. If you want an all in one bug solution, this is probably the product that you have been searching for.
This product is very easy to use thanks to its paint can-like design and you are going to enjoy a bed bug-free bed in no time after use. Definitely, a product that you should consider purchasing.
3. Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider
If you have a large bug infestation and you want to make sure that you can get rid of all of the bugs in your household, this company offers a large amount of spray for a pretty good price tag. The unit is available in a variety of sizes to suit your needs and you can get both jugs and spray cans at the checkout depending on your need. This is a product that works for businesses and that is also ideal for large household infestations.
- The unit can come in as large of a size as four gallons or as small of a size as 2 oz
- The formulae for this product is designed to be non-toxic and child and pet-friendly
- The unit is extremely effective at killing bed bugs and in fact, is said to actually be a hundred percent effective
- The bed bug killer actually kills the bugs on contact and is capable of eliminating both eggs as well as full blown adults
- The formulae provides up to two weeks of protection after the formulae dries on top of your bed, which is ideal if you have a large problem with bugs and want to make sure that it stays gone
- The product is an eco-friendly design, which is great for peace of mind
- If you don’t have too large of a problem with bed bugs, you may find that the amount of solution in some of these packages is a bit overkill for what you need
- The unit uses a pump and spray design, which isn’t the best for providing an even coating on everything that you are looking to protect from the bed bugs
As long as you can stand to use a pump and spray design and you are in need of a large amount of bug spray, you are going to be happy with the quality of the solution that you get. This is one of the most effective sprays available on the market and it isn’t all that expensive either, which is ideal for businesses or people with a large household.
The bug spray is designed to be able to kill multiple different kinds of bugs that could end up in your bed so if you are looking for maximum effectiveness, this may be it. Truly a great bed bug spray that is great if you have pets and children running around and one that can allow you to have some peace of mind.
We hope that you now feel more informed about bed bug sprays as a result of reading this article. There are so many to choose from in the marketplace that it can be tough to find the right spray to suit your needs. The best sprays are often the ones that are toxic, however, you are going to need to decide which sprays are the best ones for that of your own health and well-being as well. Best of luck in your search for a bug spray and hope that you find something that gets those pesky bugs away.