Best Adjustable Bed Frame of 2018 & Buying Guide
If you are in the search for a new bed frame and you just found out that some bed frames are adjustable, you are in luck. We have created this article to help teach you what to look for in an adjustable bed frame so that you will be able to pick one out that is of a high quality.
To break things down for you and make this process as easy as possible, we have created a buyer’s guide going over the various aspects of an adjustable bed frame that you should look for. We also created a list of our picks for the best adjustable bed frames on the market so that you will be able to see what sorts of options are currently available.
Classic Brands Hercules
Zinus Adjustable Frame
What kind of adjustment should I look for in the best adjustable bed frame?
If you want to get a quality adjustable bed frame, you are first going to need to know what size of bed frame you want to purchase. The thing you need to know about adjustable bed frames is that it is going to be hard to find an adjustable frame that can switch from a twin size to something like a California king size, just because there is such a difference in size.
Therefore, you are going to need to decide what mattresses you want to be able to use on the unit before you purchase it so that you can pick up something that works for your needs.
How much support should I expect to find in the best bed frame?
The best bed frames on the market have a lot of support built into their designs. Generally, you are going to find that the best bed frames have supports on all of the corners as well as in the middle of the unit so that you don’t have to worry about your mattress sagging over time.
You should always take a look to see what kind of distances are between the bars on the frame so that you can get an idea of just how supportive the frame is. The closer the bars/ slats on the frame are together, the stronger the frame is likely to be and the more weight that the frame is going to be able to hold.
Is storage something that I should consider in the best adjustable bed frames?
If you have a lot of stuff lying around your home and want to tidy things up, it is not a bad idea to try to look for a bed frame that allows you to have storage underneath. The higher the bed frame is in the air, the more you are likely going to be able to fit underneath the unit.
If you have something long that you want to store, you should probably not store it underneath the bed as the best bed frames on the market are generally going to have a center post/ support beam in the middle of the unit so that the mattress does not sag over time.
Should I look for a bed frame that needs a box spring or not?
Depending on the unit that you are looking at, one difference you may notice is that some units need a box spring in order to support the mattress, while others do not. If you want to get the best possible support for your mattress both a box spring and a frame are capable of performing that, however, a frame that replaces a box spring is likely to be fairly pricey.
Depending on your budget and whether you already have a box spring for your mattress, you may or may not want to get a frame that doesn’t need a box spring for support.
Should I look for something that has a powder coated finish in its design?
Since most bed frames are made out of steel, it is always a good idea to see if you can pick up a unit that uses a powder coated design. Powder coating does a great job of protecting against things like scratches and marks.
The nice thing about a powder coated design, especially in a wet/ damp environment is that it also protects the steel from rusting over time. Powder coating is also a good way to deter things like bed bugs and dust mites from hopping into your bed so if you want to get a new frame, you definitely may want to see if you can find something that is powder coated.
How much adjustability should I expect in the best adjustable bed frame?
If you want to get one of the best adjustable bed frames on the market, you should expect that the unit is able to transfer up or down at least one or two sizes. Not all adjustable bed frames on the market transfer between sizes, however, some adjustable bed frames are designed to be able to move in an up or down motion at the head or foot of the bed.
These types of bed frames are not likely to move around much in size and generally, you will have to purchase your exact mattress size if you want one of these types of frames.
1. Zinus Adjustable Frame
If you have a medium sized budget for a frame and want to pick something up that fits an array of different sizes, you may like the looks of this product. The unit comes available in two different adjustable options that you can choose from to suit your needs. This is a sturdy unit that is made out of a steel construction and is definitely capable of lasting a long time.
- The unit comes available in a twin/ full/ queen size as well as full/ queen/ king size
- The unit has nine legs in its design as well as a center bar, which is ideal for structural support of the unit
- The unit’s legs are underneath the frame so that you don’t hurt yourself on them by accident
- The unit is designed to adjust quietly, which is always nice
- The unit is made out of steel, which is quite durable
- The frame comes with a five-year limited warranty, which is nice to have for the price of the frame
- The unit can take a bit of time to be able to adjust to the various sizes
- The unit does need a box spring in order to be able to properly support a mattress
So long as you are okay with a frame that needs a box spring in order to be able to support the mattress on the unit, you are going to be happy with what this product brings to the table. This is an awesome bed frame that is made from a very high-quality construction. Although this unit may take a bit of time to change to the various sizes it is hard to beat the moderate price tag that this unit has as well as the well-reinforced steel design. Definitely a unit that you should consider purchasing if you want something that can hold different mattress sizes without an issue.
2. Classic Brands Hercules
If you are looking to get a cheap adjustable bed frame and a one size fits all design, you may be interested to see what this bed frame offers. The unit has wheels, which allows you to be able to easily move the frame around according to your needs. This frame comes in one size, but it is capable of fitting any size of mattress, which is something that you don’t find very often in the marketplace and may just be the major selling point of this frame.
- The unit can adjust to being able to hold a twin, twin XL, a full size, a queen a king as well as a California king size mattress
- The unit has interlocking rails and a center beam, which offers the ability to be able to support heavier mattresses with ease
- The powder coated finish on this unit is ideal for the durability of the frame
- The unit easily attaches to a headboard, which is nice if you are looking for a fancy bedroom
- The unit is shipped so that it can easily slip through doorways and it is quite easy to assemble in a matter of minutes
- The low price tag of this frame appeals to a wide group of people and is ideal if you are looking to save some money on a bed frame
- This unit does require the use of a box spring in order to support the mattress properly
If you are looking for good quality on the cheap side of things, you should make sure to have a look at this unit. It is hard to find a universal bed frame that is capable of adjusting to so many different sizes. With the steel that this unit is made of combined with the seven wheel design of the unit, it is hard to find something so durable and convenient on the marketplace let alone for such a cheap price tag. Definitely a unit you should think about purchasing.
If you aren’t too worried about paying a high dollar amount for a bed frame in exchange for getting something that is of a high quality, you should look at this bed frame. This adjustable frame does not change between multiple sizes, however, the unit is capable of adjustment in both the head and feet positions of the unit. The unit comes in six different size options and is built to be durable and last for a long time.
- The bed frame comes available in a twin size, a twin XL size, a full size, a queen size a king size as well as a California king size
- This unit is easy to setup and stores easily as well if you decide you don’t need to use the unit at a given time
- The bed frame has a powder coated finish on it, which is ideal for durability
- The bed frame is a solid steel construction with slats very close together, which help to make this bed frame extremely stable
- The bed frame does not require the use of a box spring and you can use a mattress directly on top of the frame
- The high price tag of the frame could be out of reach for some people
- The unit could be easier to adjust than what it is
So long as you aren’t looking for an adjustable bed that can fit mattresses of varying sizes, you are going to love this bed frame. This is a unit that has head and feet adjustment capabilities, which is very hard to come across in this low of a price range. One of the best things about this bed frame is that you don’t need a box spring in order to be able to support your mattress and instead you can just place your mattress directly on the top of the bed. If you don’t want a box spring then this is the perfect bed frame for you so long as you make sure that you choose the right size of bed frame at the checkout and you should be good to go.
We sincerely hope this article has helped you to be able to see what the best adjustable bed frames in the market are like. It is always hard to choose a product with such a vast amount of options available. Always make sure that you take proper measurements beforehand and you should compare things like warranty and the amount of adjustment available to help narrow down your options. We wish you all the best in finding yourself the best adjustable bed frame and hope that it does a great job in supporting your mattress and allowing you to have the good night sleep that you deserve.